What is NSF Certification?
The NSF mark is your assurance that the product has been tested by one of the most respected independent certification organizations in existence today. It is valued by consumers, manufacturers, retailers and regulatory agencies worldwide. With our NSF certified products, you can rest easy knowing that:
- An impartial review against established criteria and guidelines has been conducted
- Project labeling and claims have been objectively reviewed and confirmed by a trusted third party
- Our commitment to quality, compliance, and safety have been followed
Why You Should Buy NSF Certified Products
- Peace in mind knowing that your equipment adheres to food safety regulations
- Tested to be easier to clean and more efficient in preventing bacteria from sticking on the surface
Promotes your goal of providing a safer environment for your customers, guests, and employees against food contamination and other sorts of illnesses.
NSF Certification is not a one-time activity. We do not just test a single model of a product and give it our okay. Our certification programs require regular on-site inspections of the manufacturing facilities. In addition, certified products are continually re-tested against the requirements of the most current version of the applicable national standard.
In order to achieve the mark, products undergo a rigorous inspection in three key areas:
The product is physically evaluated to assure that it meets proposed specifications.
Toxicologists inspect the manufacturing materials to assure that they are safe for use in commercial kitchens. Materials used must also be corrosion resistant.
The product is tested to assure that it is easy to clean and sanitize.
The NSF mark on food service equipment means that everything from the product design to materials used to create the product have been tested and conform to food equipment safety and sanitization standards.